Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mentoring and art

Some of the artists that I know have had the benefit of having mentors. Finding a mentor would be something desirable for many aspiring artists like myself.

I don't know much about mentoring in the art world, however, I'm guessing that the benefits are similar to mentoring in the business/public service world.

If it's similar to the business world, mentoring is a rewarding and enriching experience that I strongly encourage people to consider. Mentors are valuable because they take the time to share their wisdom and insights. I would not have had the successes I have had at work without having opened myself up to the benefits of mentoring.

I've also had the privilege of watching mentees grow and develop as I mentor them. Mentoring will build relationships that could last a lifetime, and which are founded on a deep mutual understanding. You can't ask for better than that!

I imagine that art mentors can see and assist where we are struggling and where we are succeeding so that they can point out high impact changes we can make to improve ourselves.

So how does one go about getting an art mentor? Anyone have any ideas how to find one?

Here is this week's art find -= Mark McDermott.
Mark McDermott.

Have a good week
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.