Saturday, December 05, 2015

Artist Trading Cards

One of the art supply store I go to always has packages of artist trading cards on the counter. I have to admit that I had no idea what these are for, so I looked it up.

What do they look like? They are made out of card stock and measure 2 ½" X 3 ½" or 64 X 89 mm card stock.  I don't know if there are some for watercolours.

Artists use this material to produce small paintings that can be traded with other artists who produce cards. So now what you ask? Some regions have face-to-face trading sessions while other exchanges are carried out by mail with other members or though internet swap groups.

One local art association has Artist Trading Cards challenges at some of their regular meetings. Sounds like a fun idea. Aside from that, I'm not sure what other venues exist in my region to use artist cards. What's your experience with these? What do you know that would be beneficial to other readers?


Here is this week's artist find is Craig Andrews.  I can only imagine the time he spent on this detailed painting.
Craig Andrews Watercolour
Have a great weekend
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.