Saturday, December 26, 2015

Resolutions for 2016

In January, many people make resolutions of various kinds. Here are a few challenges that I throw out to you for 2016.  See if any of these will be of interest as their purpose is to increase the amount of time you spend thinking, planning, learning or creating art.

I challenge you to learn something new about art, for example:

  • read a new book or two about a style of painting you may not be familiar with, e.g. like abstract for me;
  • subscribe to a new blog or magazine;
  • order new DVDs;
  • sign up for a new workshop or class;
  • study the works of a new artist;
  • etc...
I challenge you to spend more time creating, for example: 
  • watch less watching TV and spend an hour more a week painting;
  • arrange your schedule to have blocks of quality paint time;
  • practice more time management practices;
  • etc.... 
I challenge you to become more involved in your art community, for example:
  • join a new art association;
  • volunteer at one of the many events;
  • attend more vernissages;
  • contribute to more art discussions;
  • encourage and support those that are starting out;
  • etc....
I challenge you to spend more time with artist colleagues, for example:
  • go to art shows or galleries;
  • visit new exhibits at museums;
  • attend their shows;
  • learn from their experience;
  • etc...
I challenge you to share your art, for example:
  • exhibit at any number of art fairs;
  • join online groups that share art;
  • start a blog or send me some articles;
  • etc...
This week's artist find is Robert Goldsmith:. I really enjoy looking at his winter scenes.
Next week, I'll be sharing some lessons I've learned about taking photos for paintings.

Happy New Year / Bonne année à tous,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.